Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

All of my Holiday visiting is now over, I went and did the family thing with my Mom on last Sat. On Sunday Amy and I went to Wytheville, VA to visit her Sister and her family at Bob Evan's for lunch (good place to meet up and have a bite to eat.)

 The food was great and the visit went very well. Later that afternoon my dad and step mom Deb had their family thing for the 1st time at a place we could all meet up without any cats, so that was nice and we had a pretty good time. (Amy is deathly allergic to cats) and Dad and Deb have 4 of them, so we don't go visit them at there house except in summer when we can stay outside.

 Here it is Christmas Eve of 2010 and I can't believe this year is almost over with. Damn the older you get the faster the years fly by. When I was a teen and early 20's it seemed like time just drug along, then in my 30's it started going faster and faster as each year passed. Now this coming Jan I'll turn the big 40.

 I really don't even give a shit, I was bothered when I turned 30, less hair, more gray, a bit fatter...lol. Now as I've went through all the years of being 30 I've come to realize you're only as old as you think you are.

 It's like the story of the old bull and his young son standing on the hill overlooking a field of cows. The young bull tells his dad, Let's run down the hill and fuck us a cow, The old bull laughs and says NO Son! Let's Walk down the Hill and Fuck Them All!....lmao!

 I love that story, its not really a joke but instead one of life's lessons. A lesson a lot of people never learn.

 Take time to smell the roses and enjoy the simple and finer things in life. There is no bonus amount of time when you reach the end for a speedy rush through finish, you just die having missed most of what life is worth living for.

 Anyway everyone have a Happy Holiday and enjoy the time you spend this season while you Eat, Drink and make Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment